termination of pregnancy services will be able to go to the Clinical Excellence website
for information about the Act, and what the Act means for their rights and obligations
with respect to terminations of pregnancy.
From 19 November 2018, services that provide ToP healthcare will be able to access:
• A checklist for medical practitioners asked to perform a termination of pregnancy at or after
• Implementation checklists for conscientious objection and safe access zones;
• Advice on managing ToP requests in the emergency department;
• Information about the patient travel subsidy scheme
• Responses to frequently asked questions; and
• A consumer factsheet (editable)
Queensland Health’s focus before 3 December 2018 is to ensure health practitioners and
termination of pregnancy service providers are aware of Queensland ToP law and can confidently
support women to access safe and appropriate ToP healthcare as close to home as possible. To
that end, we seek your assistance in communicating these changes to your staff.